Mary Margaret Nash, daughter of Lewis Francis (1880-1969) and Jane Ann (Watson) (1889-1980) Nash, was born 24 November 1914, Clyde Park, Park County, Montana. Mary's father was born in Ontario Province, Canada and was a rancher. Mary, a graduate of Park High School in 1932, went on to graduate from Montana State College with a teaching degree. By 1940 she was teaching in Lincoln County, Montana.
In a Catholic ceremony on 7 June 1947, Bozeman, Chouteau County, Montana, Mary wed Eugene Carter "Gene" Doll. Gene, born 21 February 1921, Fort Benton, Chouteau County, Montana, was the son of Frank (1896-1974) and Nancy (Carter) (1900-1993) Doll. Gene had furthered his high school education by attending for a year Oregon State University when the call for soldiers to fight in World War II began. Gene entered the US Army in 1942 and rose to the rank of second lieutenant. He was with Patton's 3rd Army as it pushed across Europe, including the Battle of the Bulge, and received a purple heart. After an honorable military discharge in 1946 Gene resumed his education and achieved a bachelor's and master’s degree from Montana State University. He completed his Ph.D. in soil chemistry at the University of Wisconsin in 1953 and went on to have a long a varied career in agriculture.
Mary taught school and was a mother to three children: Carol, Elizabeth and William. One of their many moves brought the family to Michigan State University and the Okemos area where Mary taught typing and journalism at Okemos Middle School from 1962-1974. Son Bill graduated from Okemos High School in 1973. The Doll family moved away from Okemos in 1978 and by 1981 the Doll's were living in Mandan, Morton County, North Dakota where Gene served as the Director of the Land Reclamation Research Center in Mandan for 10 years.
Mary died 5 March 1985, Bismarck, Burleigh County, North Dakota. She was interred Riverside Cemetery, Fort Benton, Montana.
Gene remarried in 1990. He passed away 14 March 2010. Bismarck, North Dakota. He was interred with Mary at Riverside Cemetery.
Reported by her son William "Bill" Doll '73